convert symbol questions

One issue I had with the convert symbol process was when given the option to put what I made in a library, I wanted it to be in my moldings, but the only option it gives me is veneer stone. That seems to be for anything, not just a brick symbol.

So here is another question, what is the functional difference between the quick "convert to symbol" and the "creat symbpl wizard" process?

The symbol import wizard gives you important options for windows, doors, millork, etc. that the convert function doesn't. And then where you can save it in the Library is keyed off the choices you make there. For the convert function, your choices for where to put it in the Library are limited, but you can move it manually after the fact.

My Moldings is typically for polylines used as a basis for generating moldings in 3D, not 3D symbols. You can manually put whatever symbols you want in there, but not sure why you would want to do that, might get confusing.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

I have yet to indulge too deep in libraries yet. I think i'll watch videos about that tonight. You are right, that might get confusing. I suppose I could make a custom library called my symbols?

Yep, customize to your heart's content.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter