Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Hi to all

I am a new user. I just downloaded a trail version. So far it looks amazing.
    Just how helpful will this discussion group be for answering any questions.

Are there some pretty good user who will help?

Thanks

SPCARE

Welcome SP,
    You won't be disappointed !!

Pat
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas

That is an amazingly fast reply. I sure hope you are correct. I will be asking many questions. Some will be easy but most will be real easy for most to answer

The rule of thumb here is, try to find your answers first by either going to your manual or by searching the forums. Chief also has a help area on the website plus there are many tutorials that some of our experts have put together.
    Also, we like to know each other by name. It's more like a family here.
    Tell us what version of Chief you're using as well.

You will soon find out that you can find out every answer you're looking for.

Pat
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

Fort Worth Texas

How do I pick the wall instead of the room (in 3d)

When I try and pick a wall in 3 d view, I keep getting the room and not just the wall. How can I fix this

Go into preferences and unber Architectual check "show same wall type handles" and uncheck "select room before wall in 3d"

This should fix that .

I'm not at my laptop with all my info but here are a couple of free tutorials you can visit.

http://www.lfcompany.com/chief_tutorials.php

http://indyblueprints.com/default.aspx

and this thread is a must read
    http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?t=23366

Pat
    x4

Fort Worth Texas

Thanks dmnabb. That did the trick. You guys are good

And - if you don't want to change the setting, hit the tab key after selecting. The tab key moves you through possible selections - also very handy when things are close together.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

I too drive a prius. And another great tip on the tab key. I get 48-55 mpg depending on where and how I drive the car. I love hat car

S,

You're welcome.

I call my Prius my red jellybean. It's actually been good for business! Even though it's been around for a good 10 years and is now no more expensive than a decent Subaru, it's still seen as a unique and interesting - and reinforces my image as a "green" designer. Of course, the dirty little secret is that you can get 45 mpg in some much less expensive regular cars. Still, I like my red jellybean.

Here's another useful tip. If you go to the thing at the top of this screen that says "User CP" then Signature - you can put in an automatic signature. Putting at least a first name helps us see you as a person. Putting your version number helps us give you better advice. Putting anything else, serious or dippy alike, makes us smile and/or helps us connect.
    Wendy Lee Welton

603-431-9559

www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Putting at least a first name helps us see you as a person.
    And if you don't, Wendy will make one up for you... at least she used to!
    John VanderMyde
    X1 & X2 Vista 64 HP HDX
    www.vandermyde.com
    Building Design on the Outer Banks of N.C.
    N.C.G.C.# 48835 Unlimited

“The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.” -Abraham Lincoln

Oh yeah! I could do that again. I'm thinking SP sounds like maybe this is a Sparticus? Sally Pay? Silly Putty?

Of course if I'm going back to naming things, then dmc isn't safe either!

If it makes any of those to whom I've previously assigned somewhat odd names, I name my houses also. Let's see, there's Rapunzel, Hot Cross Cottage, A Man's House, and a new one I'm simply calling Fred. It's a simple house.
    Wendy Lee Welton

603-431-9559

www.artformhomeplans.com

I've been using CA for about six months now. Chieftalk is an amazing resource- WAY more helpful than the reference manual. There are lots of really talented people who are VERY generous with their tips and expertise, and quite tolerant of newbie questions. The only problem with Chieftalk is there are so many great threads you'll find yourself burning up lots of time surfing thru them, if you don't control yourself.

Welcome to the club!

Dorothy
    Dorothy Howard AIA
    Architect
    Coronado, CA
    dhowardaia.com

X4 64-bit

Thanks Dorothy,
    You are right. I have spent most of the weekend lookin at topics that interest me and man there are some deep thinkers in the bunch.

Fot those who care I will sign as
    Silly putty, I kinda like that