Threaded View

Fun with skylights

We love building skylights into houses, and now I am into the skylight part of my self-education in Chief.

I have watched and then watched again, the video tutorials I have for my V10, and practiced the basics. No problemo.

But now I am wondering what it takes to do the manual workarounds for things we do routinely that don't fit the standard Chief patterns.

How is the skylight vault handled when it intersects ceiling planes? A simple example is shown in the attached B&W Chief section. I cannot find a way to edit the flat ceiling that is not being intersected with the vault.

How is a single vault done for ganged skylights, so that the member or members between skylights is something like only 6 inches depth, versus the depth and shape of the vault sides? See the Sketchup model screencap, attached.

One more. How about when a sloped ceiling has a skylight vault, and it is desired to bring an adjacent flat ceiling, due to its proximity, into the vault to enlarge it? How would you do this? See the screencap from my Sketchup model.

Your advice and help, as always, is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skylight intersects ceiling junction.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	27306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skylight pair shared vault.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	27307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skylight vault flat into.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	27308  
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage