Plan view display of symbols

Attached is a plan view and a vector view of a log project im doing. How can I get the log symbols to show on top of all other objects as they actually would be in plan view? Do I need to replace them with a solid fill cad box on another layer? that seems like a hassle

thanks

PB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gable 1.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	27285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gable 2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	27286  

It looks like your interior furnishings, cabinets, and the occasional wall are the only culprits here. Can you select each symbol and move it to the front group?
    Rod Kervin
    Kervin Home Design
    Courtenay BC
    p. 250-871-0316

If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a thousand pictures, then uploading the chief file is worth a thousand videos.

The log symbols are millwork, and When I open that spec I get no option to move the display like that

Yes, another frustration I have that CA does not give this option for all objects.

I know this suggestion would create a lot of more work, but if you created the logs as pline solids with the cylinder tool, would that work for you?
    Rod Kervin
    Kervin Home Design
    Courtenay BC
    p. 250-871-0316

If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a thousand pictures, then uploading the chief file is worth a thousand videos.

I think Ill just display as cad boxs on another layer. I am actually really beginning to appreciate the layers function, this would be on example.

How about creating a layer set showing only the logs,,,, then send to cad detail,,,, make sure all the logs are closed polylines with solid white fill,,,, box the whole show,,, copy and paste back to the floor plan,,, select the box,,, move to front.

May work,,, Ray
    X5
    Ray Castano, CAPS, CGP
    Ray@PlansThatWork.com
    God Bless America
    http://www.plansthatwork.com/

I will try that, thanks