View Poll Results: What Cabinet Brands Do You Design With?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Woodmark

21 24.14%
  • Bruce

4 4.60%
  • Cardell

6 6.90%
  • Decora

10 11.49%
  • Diamond

10 11.49%
  • Kraftmaid

62 71.26%
  • Legacy

7 8.05%
  • Medalion

12 13.79%
  • Merillat

42 48.28%
  • WoodMode

20 22.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hybrid View

Not to beat a dead horse but...Now that Andrean has brought to light the fact that CA must rely on, not one, but any and all manufacturers we, as the users, may wish to see added to the cabinet libraries I fail to see why the push in that direction rather than simply (figure of speech) working directly with the tool sets. That is definitely something Chief Architect can do in house and not have to rely on the maybe/maybe not aquisition of a particular manufacturer's library. As it stands now, we must hustle the brand we wish to see which, most likely, will be a waste of time since the "numbers" of requests these guys are looking for (1000's) are going to be much larger than the few of us who are even aware of this poll. I don't see having 100 (we only have 60 requests for Kraftmaid) Chief users request a library making a difference. Could be wrong though.

Max

I think the only way doing cabinet specific items makes sense is as a seperate product that could be sold to comanies that are cabinet dealers. I don't want/need all that comes along with cabinet specific inventories like 20/20 does. I would rather ART have seperate people dedicated to that approach if they do it instead of adding it to the main program. Just like they do for the home designer series. I'd rahter the main program programmers woek on fixing/expanding the existing tools, estimating/material take offs, dimensions and CAD side of the program.

My .02
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5