View Poll Results: What Cabinet Brands Do You Design With?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Woodmark

21 24.14%
  • Bruce

4 4.60%
  • Cardell

6 6.90%
  • Decora

10 11.49%
  • Diamond

10 11.49%
  • Kraftmaid

62 71.26%
  • Legacy

7 8.05%
  • Medalion

12 13.79%
  • Merillat

42 48.28%
  • WoodMode

20 22.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hybrid View

btw - I'm very much in favor of libraries.

If you're designed to use stock cabinets, there's a boatload of time to be saved if those are just in here - especially if the manufacturer's can be pursuaded to update their library regularly.

I'm in favor of this augmenting good tools. If Chief can pursuade these manufacturer's to do a lot of the work, to see the value in their product being easy to specify - and Chief can bogart their resources for other stuff - well then we really are win-win.
    Last edited by WendyWelton; 11-03-2008 at 10:29 AM.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Adrean, I am of the opinion that in the end if we had more tools to replicate most situations that are present in real life that would be the best.

In your poll there is a wide variety of cabinet manufacturers..so why waste the time trying to have then input them unless you are going to do them all?
    And how different are they really in the end..can you tell from a rendering?

I think that if the cabinet manufacturers want to promote their brands they should get the libraries built for Chief users to specify.

I believe you can not design a residential home without designing the kitchen and therefore the cabinets to some extent. My experience has been with most custom home design the home owner will get a few prices and as a home designer I would never know which one they are going to use, and most of the cabinet manufacturers in my area will adjust my design and tweak it to suit the customer.

As someone else said as long as we can replicate what the cabinet manufacturers can produce then we can show our customer and let the cabinet manufacturer sweat the small stuff.

Thats my two cents.
    David Skogg
    Architectural Technologist.
    X6

david@skoggdesign.ca
    www.skoggdesign.ca

Running on:
    Gateway NV57H13h laptop
    Intel Core i7-2670qm
    8gb ddr3 memory
    Nvidia Geforce gt 540m 1gb video card

"You don't know what you don't know"