Texture Problem with Symbols Brought in from Sketchup

I am unable to rotate textures I apply to symbols I bring in from sketchup. Other than creating copies of the texture .jpg and rotating that, does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this.

Example: I want the wood grain to run vertical on the side stiles of a door, yet I want the same wood grain to run horizontal across the rails running left to right on the door. If I go into the material property, create a copy of the original texture and rotate by 90 in the dialog, it appears correct in the dialog preview, but does not affect the model once applied.

Thanks,

Mike Cairns
    Nicholson Builders

It may be easier to get all your texture mapping done in SU first (essentially by the same process-copy, rotate, apply). If you want grain direction different, that surface will have to be on a different layer as it is imported into Chief.

Also, are you just dragging and dropping? I think there are more options when importing it through the symbol wizard.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

Response

Thanks, Bryce.

I had each part of the symbol saved as a different material in Sketchup with the intention of applying the appropriate materials in Chief.

I think I just need to make copies of the texture jpgs and give them a 90 degree counter part.

Mike Cairns
    Nicholson Builders

Yes, that is often the case with the woodgrain textures, you sorta always have to have them in pairs.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter