Continued crashing

Remember me troops. I am the one with the new hardware and continued crashing. I have upgraded the video card driver and still the problem persists. Today I was drawing a shed elevation in 2D. I had just finshed puting the notes on a detail (all 2d) and hit the send to layout button and bang an error occurs and cheif has to close, when I open up again I have lost the detail..(i know...save save save - but it wasn't that complex a detail).

I humbly admit it is probably my drawing technics. I am a self taught chief user having inherited the progam with the job. I have never had any formal training in chief beyond the disks and although we do have a user's group in the metro area, I am too far away to attend without loosing a whole day. Help - under pressure and frustrated!

Can you guys give me an idea what drawing technics would crash chief. I am using 10.08. Am I stucturing the files incorrectly??

Jo:

You probably need to sign up for some one-on-one training.

CA offers them and so do various Chiefers

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Ah asking the boss to pay for training - interesting concept..

- I doubt the technique you are using to draw the detail is the problem, especially version 10 - to bad it is occurring. - The training videos are very helpful as well and with the experience you have already is good for just smoothing things out.
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5

If you could send me the plan file/s (including the layout file) and anything associated with the layout, I could see if I could find why you're having this problem.

tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Is this crashing problem specific to a single file, or to Chief Architect? If so, I'd try a clean installation after giving the registry a good flush.

Ver 10 is very stable, though I have seen occasional crashes when intensively editing cad. There may be a corrupt block or other object in the file. Try working with other files to see if you can reproduce the crashes. Hardware problems are usually a longshot, but a bad mainboard, or bad/mismatched ram can cause overall system instability.
    Warren Hirsch