Hybrid View

I see you are posting the same time as I.

No, Chief does not do the electrical or mechanical drawings. It can provide a modicum of typical things such as electrical outlets automatically placed in all rooms, however, it won't determine circuits, or switch locations, or a lot of other things, because it is not capable of determining those elements in a context which works for every drawing. Drawings from project to project are not the same, so Chief is limited as to what it can accurately do before it loses its ability to reference what we want as an average or normal placement.

Your questions indicate these are areas where additional learning is required, just remember, we all started learning or doing in the field each of these construction elements. That is how some of us can do schematics, whereas others cautiously limit themselves so they don't offer more than they can provide!

To this day, I don't do electrical wiring layouts, plumbing waste and vent, and very rarely ductwork and trunklines. Its many times more work to make it look pretty versus the actual in the field end result!
    Take Care

Jim