View Poll Results: What topics interest you?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • ALL ABOUT FILE MANAGEMENT

6 27.27%
  • ALL ABOUT DEFAULTS

5 22.73%
  • ALL ABOUT CABINETS

5 22.73%
  • ROOFS (manual and automatic)

8 36.36%
  • ALL ABOUT WALLS

1 4.55%
  • ALL ABOUT WINDOWS AND DOORS

4 18.18%
  • LAYOUTS AND PRINTING

12 54.55%
  • VERSION 9?

1 4.55%
  • VERSION 10?

2 9.09%
  • VERSION 11?

13 59.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hybrid View

I am a fairly new user of CA (just over 1 year with the software) so I am probably a good target market for this question.

Wendys second session covered some things that are worthy of a full hour session (at least). Dealing with live elevations. She explained a methodology which I had considered but was not sure the best way to implement.

I have been trying to move to live elevations but the last project I sent out my elevations I spent so much time cleaning up the layout elevations that I felt that a cad detail would make more sense. After getting the lowdown on sending elevations with a cad overlay to layout I feel relieved that there is hope for live elevations.

Some other important topics for me would be using soffits for more than soffits.

When to attempt to make it with Chief and when to know that this is job for Sketchup.

The symbol import stretch plane madness.

Hacking a bay window into Chief (I don't need this lesson because I do this a lot. I think someone should put out a short tutorial on this due to the frequency of the question arising on ChiefTalk).

A profile plan strategy from soup to nuts.

Terrain, all of it from elevation lines to retaining walls.

Stepped footings.

Building sections.

Cad detail strategies.

That is all for now. I hope to see you form a similar class to Wendy's. I think it is a great format for all the reasons that she stated. Small class, economical, online, focused yet flexible to the needs of the class.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."