View Poll Results: What topics interest you?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • ALL ABOUT FILE MANAGEMENT

6 27.27%
  • ALL ABOUT DEFAULTS

5 22.73%
  • ALL ABOUT CABINETS

5 22.73%
  • ROOFS (manual and automatic)

8 36.36%
  • ALL ABOUT WALLS

1 4.55%
  • ALL ABOUT WINDOWS AND DOORS

4 18.18%
  • LAYOUTS AND PRINTING

12 54.55%
  • VERSION 9?

1 4.55%
  • VERSION 10?

2 9.09%
  • VERSION 11?

13 59.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hybrid View

I voted layouts & printing because I could use a bit of tweaking on the setting up for print end. ( I usually do not do teh printing-and usually use the same size and format, so I do not have a lot of experience at changing it up).

But I think Wendy's list covers more of what I would be needing.
    I find the format that she has been doing is great. The class is small enough that questions can be answered effectively. It is almost a one on one style. Plus by having weekly meetings more detailed ground can be covered on each subject. And as a stated earlier-if you have a good handle on the weeks subject matter you then just opt out.

I also agree that there should be a nominal fee for these sessions. For the same reasons as Allen. I love that we can come to this forum for help-or to give help, but sometimes a little more info or training is needed. Or like myself on a few subjects, I have my ways of doing it-but would like to see others. Maybe I will pick up a few tricks or something I did not realize, which can save me time. It is worth a small affordable fee to me!

For myself, I would like to see some one explaining how to import a full set of CAD drawings and then using them to develop a terrain and the actual plan.
    Because from where I stand, I do not know enough about it apparently, and find it MUCH easier to just use the CAD plans as a printed out set that I can use as reference, but just draw it all in a new Chief plan.

I would also like to learn terrains much better! I can do the basics, but would love to learn how to do a complicated terrain! It seems that every time I try, I end up with parts shooting up through the building-or strange occurrences like that.

Just my 2 cents,
    Tam
    Tammy Apostolis
    TJD Designs, Inc.

Chiefer since V6
    X2 & X3
    Windows7 64-bit
    Dual 768MB 8800 GTX video cards (in SLI) with dual monitors

Talking

I have been a Chief user since 93 and a member of Chief talk years ago, but dropped it since i could not get my work done for trying to do everything that everyone suggested and having a better time doing that than doing work! I am now reading all the threads again, but am unsure what and when and how on this online training thing, but i think it sounds great and am very interested. Is there another thread that I need to follow that will tell me more about it?
    jana lane
    designer
    College Station, Texas
    http://www.AccentDesignsByJana.com
    janalane@suddenlink.net
    user since 1995
    vX1, X2
    Intel, Core 2 Extreme CPU X9770 @ 3.2 GHz 3.80GHz
    4.00 GB RAM. 64 bit OS,Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280