Thread: Roof Baselines

Threaded View

Roof Baselines

I have noticed lately that auto generated roof baselines don't seem to be working as they should.

Auto generated roof baselines are meant to generate over the outside face of the main wall layer.
    So that if I have a brick veneer wall the auto roof baseline should generate over the outer face of the internal timber wall (the main layer).

Instead, the auto roof baselines are now controlled by the "Build Platform to This Line" setting in the Wall Type Definition dbx. This setting is only meant to control the generation of floor and ceiling platforms - not roof planes.

Is anyone else getting this?
    a bug?
    A metric thing?

It used to work correctly in previous versions - but seems to be different now.

I hope this isn't a permanent change because I usually use brick veneer walls on a concrete raft slab, with the inside timber skin as the main layer.

I want my platforms (floor) to build to the outside of the brick skin (as per the "Build Platform to This Line " setting) and I want my roof baseline to be over the outside face of the main layer (the inside timber skin).
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD