help with remote printing

I could really use some help!! I am trying to send some files and have them plotted in a different city. I have done this several years ago with not problems, but now they respond back that there is no file extension so they can't open them.
    I resubmitted the plans with the pl1 extension and still no success.

I am running vs 9.54 and have in the past printed the items to file to allow me to select the correct scale and paper size..... and then attached the file to an email.

Suggestions?

I am not sure how you may have done it in the past....but I would NEVER print to file. On your disk (chief CD) there is a program called pdf995. Use it as a printer.....a virtual printer. After installed, you can select the pdf995 "printer" just as you would any other printer attached to your PC. "Print" the file, save on your desktop, and email it to the print shop.
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

You're using CA 9.54? I dont recall if PDF995 was on the dick...pretty sure it was. But if not, you can download the free printer drivers from www.pdf995.com. Once there, as Joey said, instll the driver just like a standard printer. When you print, select PDF995 from the printers available, and print It will ask you to "save" it as a file. Do not print to a file however from the print menu.

Also...while doing that, make sure you have your print page and paper size settings all the same. Then, when you print at the remote printer (staples, kinkos or whatever)...make sure they print it at 1 to 1...or NO scale...do not print to fit page margins, or printer margins...your drawing scale will be off.

This is the only way I print anything.

Yes, ver 9.5 had PDF995 but the website will have the latest version.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)