Question Floating Doors...

Working a strawbale design that requires an 18" wide stemwall 2" above slab. Tried several approaches but still no joy keeping my exterior and interior doors on slab.

The desirable ctrl click in 3D view and drag down doesn't work. Frustrating...

I'm a rookie and appreciate any guidance from the pros!

Thx in advance.
    -Ed

ver.10.08a

Ed:

Welcome to the forum. Here are some images that should help you. All you need to understand is how to use the Room Specification platform settings ... it just takes a little practice. In the render view I made one of the walls invisible so you can see in 3D what the model looks like with the settings as shown. I made a straw bale wall type for this model that is a brick type with 18" thickness, 20" height and 42" long (per bale).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RmSpecDbx-GenTab.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	25215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RmSpecDbx-StrucTab.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	25216

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BackclipWallSec.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	25217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RndrViewWInvisWall.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	25218
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Curtis -- Thanks so much for your help prompt posting! You got me on track. Learned some interesting program "characterics" as well. I found that one wall would still not support doors at the correct height but after deleting and rebuilding the wall all is happy. One other undesirable "characteristic" is that Marvin doors will not set height properly in ext walls. CA doors work flawlessly. Oh well!

Thx again!
    -Ed