Parallel port to USB Port

When I first purchased Chief Architect 9.0, I received the parallel port. I need a USB port now to use this on my laptop. Can I contact the company to trade ports or what is the simplest (and least costly) method to remedy this situation. Many thanks.

You can get converters to do what you want (USb to Parallel), then just use the parallel port dongle you have.
    Try RadioShack

Cheers

Parallel Port to USB

Thanks for your input. I did purchase a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Dock Station that connects devices between it and the laptop. However, once CA was installed, it stated that the parallel port hardware lock could not be located and to plug it in and try again. I went thru the set-up on the dock station and verified that all ports were usable. Am I missing a step somewhere? Thanks again, haven't used CA for 5 years and just getting back into it.

It is possible that it won't work

You may need to contact CA's customer service tomorrow to see about trading your parallel lock for a usb lock.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Thanks for input!

Thanks for your input. I checked with C.A. and the only way around this is to send in my parallel port and they will swap it out for a USB port for a $110.00 fee. I ordered one and its on the way.

It's snowing here today in Barrow, AK!