sketchup and rendering

I have two pictures attacted and am haveing a problem with it in raytracing. I would just put the whole file up here, but don't know how to and it's 35 mb big. But my question is does anyone know how to fix this problem? As you can see from pic.1 it shows well when I hit the render camra, but in pic.2 it shows something else when I raytrace. When I bring it in it ask me do I want to "use the existing texture instead of the imported texture" or "replace the existing texture with the imported texture." I clicked each on in different raytrace I played with. The first time I clicked the first one same results, the second time I clicked the second one same resultes. I just can't figure this out for notthing. I am just testing this computer w/ rendering time with different skp.symbols and other 3ds.symbols. But I just can't figure this out for notthing. Does anyone else have a problem w/skp.symbols when they only raytrace?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car 2.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	25202  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Are you sure? Take the test.
    " If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."-Augustine

Looks to me that what you are having is a texture-mapping problem.

One possible way around this is to re-name textures in the .skp file so that they don't conflict with ones you might already have in your Chief model so you don't get those messages during import. Try importing the same symbol into a blank plan and see if you get the same thing.

I don't render with Pov-Ray so I'm not sure if the issue is there but I have mostly found that texture mapping is retained in Chief both with the symbol import (as long as the textures don't conflict as above) and also with the .3ds export. I don't have much trouble rendering these types of symbols in Kerkythea, nor do others with other rendering engines.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter