vista x64 issues

Is anyone else haveing problems with a "alt71.dll" message poping up when you try to bring in a sketchup model through the import symbol option? I contacted Dell about this and they told me I would have to contact GEEKSQUAD since I bought my computer from bestbuy. I contacted them twice and one say one thing and the other say another thing. Both said things that had notthing to do with notthing I was telling them. I even asked them will it be better for me to bring in my computer so they can see for there self what is going on, and they said it sounded like a software issue. Well I uninstalled BOTH CA and sketchup and no luck on both of them. Still get the same message. I even went to a website that had a link up here to download "atl71.dll" and it just won't let me. It tells me that it won't download it because it is a 32-bit. The funnything about it is that that I can open them same files up in google but I can not import it throught the symbol wizard. Geeksquad said I can bring it back and get a 32-bit system, but the reason I bought this system is for speed and ability to move around at the same time to do different things. The rendering time on here is way faster and I will not go backward and loose 3 or 4 gigs and plus pay extra to go back to a 32-bit:mad: Have anyoone else ran into the same problem and got it fixed?
    Are you sure? Take the test.
    " If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."-Augustine

Ernest:

I have attached the download for ATL71.DLL

It's ATL not ALT

Here are two articles that may help also, on the 2nd article scroll down a bit to find the discussion, etc.

http://www.netguide.com.au/v2/knowho...tem.php?id=829

http://www.formz.com/forum2/messages...tml?1197478011

Good luck

Lew
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

man my finger is itching to downlod it, but I keep getting this message that it can damage my computer, and I am no computer guru. And if I mess this computer up my wife is going to mess me up. Lew does this support vista 64-bit. cause it kinda seem like none of these I find on the internet support vista64-bit?
    " If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."-Augustine

Ernest:

????

It does have the Unicode and Ansi version according to the download page.

I'm not a guru either

Can you set a restore point and then if something goes wrong, restore to that point ???

I have never done this so I'm not overly familiar with the procedure.

Lew
    Lew Buttery

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051

Its Not A Fun Process........
    Ric Howe
    President

RH Designs, LLC
    804-366-7314
    version X4 64bit! & X3, X2, X1 & v10.08a & b
    ASUS P6X58D Premium 64bit socket 1366
    12gb ddr3 1333ghz 3-4gb sticks
    Core i7 950 Bloomfield 3.07
    Self contained liquid cooled with 3-120mm fans
    NVIDIA QUADRO 2000 1gb GDDR5
    richowe@rhdesignsllc.com
    www.rhdesignsllc.com

Residential * Commercial * Civil

Ernest:

I found some additional info

# re: IE8 Security Part I: DEP/NX Memory Protection
    Monday, April 14, 2008 4:19 PM by EricLaw [MSFT]
    @Mark: ALT+Enter being broken only on Vista is a known issue in Beta-1, thanks.

@Mike: You'll get the latest version of ATL when you install the VS service pack. 7.10.6030.0 is the latest version.

HTH

Lew
    Lew Buttery

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051

I fixed my atl71.dll problem in vista 64-bit. I went to ever website that had a atl71.dll download file but it just wouldn't work. Vista will ask me if I wanted to have the computer or them to go on the internet to find a program to open it up with. Could not find on for notthing, it kept reccommending Reg Cure. But it's not compatible with vista 64-bit. I still downloaded the "atl71.dll" file and saved it to my desk top. I unziped it and copied the file then went to CA on my desktop and right click on it and double clicked on file "OPEN FILE LOCATION" and just paste it in tere and my problem was fixed. Hope this helps anyone else in the future who have this problem with vista 64.