Threaded View

Doug,

As I think about it, I'd love to have the Sticky Mode be hotkey assignable. For some reason, moving the mouse to find a button takes me at least 5 times as long as my fingers finding a key, any key - and if it's a key I don't have to think about, we've just cut the time in half again, if not better.

The same reasoning is why I find Repeat Last so useful in astuff. I don't have to even think which key is the hot key. I did something. I want to do it again - hit the space bar. The + key would be lovely also.

I think the editing tools are where I would use it the most. For creating walls, doors, windows etc - the tool stays live. For copy, make parallel, fillet, etc - you have to click the tool again. The Sticky Mode works if you want to trim multiple things against the same line, fillet multiple corners of a polyline... But, if you're running around a plan trimming one thing here and another thing there, a Repeat Last would be very helpful.

The challenger for you Chief Dudes would be what gets repeated. Undo seems to be frequently confused about what exactly constitutes the last action! I would want it to be the base command, not the components. In other words, Trim, not the fence or the Sticky Mode.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)