Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Park
    If we put in multiple key keystrokes we would probably not limit it to 2. I've seen several very powerful text editors from way back that allowed 1, 2 or more keystrokes to be assigned. There is no reason to require enter except in cases, such as hitting tab to type in numbers, to say you are done.
    Doug and Wendy,

I didn't want to confuse things, but Visual Cad allows both 2 letter and 3 letter shortcuts - mostly they are 2 letter though. You abviously can't use a 3 letter shortcut that has the same first 2 letters the same as a 2 letter shortcut.
    You cannot use a single letter shortcut (although you could assign a macro that consisted of a 2 letter shortcut to 1 key, or icon, or menu item - all menus are also customisable).
    The program knows as soon as you type the second letter that it is a shortcut. If there is no 2 letter shortcut nothing happens. If you then type the third letter that is a shortcut, the program recognises that.

AND, I also didn't mention that it is really easy to string commands together in a script to automate tasks.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD