Hybrid View

Wendy, you soon run out of single letter shortcuts and you run out even quicker of single letter shortcuts that make sense!

Please excuse my indulgence while I rabbit on a bit more about 2 letter shortcuts (without Enter and pressed sequentially).

The real power of the shortcuts is actually not in the shortcuts themselves. Once you understand that they are all "nestable" and also once you realise that there can be shortcuts for EVERY command and EVERY system variable. This means that you can almost completely control your work with shortcuts bar picking points, selecting, etc, with the mouse - you almost NEVER need to access a menu or dbx with the mouse, it is all done with the shortcuts.

You want to change the Ortho Angle (Chiefs Angle Snaps) to 45 deg?
    Type OA, 45, Enter. (the Enter is only needed because you are typing a number AND, you didn't even need the mouse!)
    You want to change the text height to 500mm, the current text layer to Layer 100, and start drawing text?
    TH, 500, Enter, TL, 100, Enter, TE.

Not 1 dbx used, and only 1 mouse click at the end to pick a text placement.
    I guarantee that you can't do it faster or easier in any other cad program!!!!!! - In fact, I will bet my wife on it!
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD