I can finally RayTrace in Vista!!!!

Just in case there is anyone else out there who, like me, has been slow to figure this out, there is one step I have not seen in posts on the subject - replace the last line of the POVRAY.ini file, below the semi-colons, with:

Library_Path=C:\Program Files\ART Inc\Chief Architect 10.0 Full Version\PovRay\Include\

Simple really!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hotelhighresraytrace800.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	18421  
    John VanderMyde
    X1 & X2 Vista 64 HP HDX
    www.vandermyde.com
    Building Design on the Outer Banks of N.C.
    N.C.G.C.# 48835 Unlimited

“The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.” -Abraham Lincoln

P.S. Many thanks to Brian Beck at Chief Support. You da' man!
    John VanderMyde
    X1 & X2 Vista 64 HP HDX
    www.vandermyde.com
    Building Design on the Outer Banks of N.C.
    N.C.G.C.# 48835 Unlimited

“The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.” -Abraham Lincoln

Thought I would post a little bit more information about this problem. First this is not specific to Vista, this solution can resolve the problem in XP as well. If you are using Vista the first thing you will want to do is what John did, go to our Help Database and follow the instructions in the article linked below:

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/suppor...?faqNumber=785

If none of the solutions in the article resolve your raytrace issue then try editing the last line of the poyray.ini file which will be located at

C:\Program Files\ART Inc\Chief Architect 10.0 Full Version\PovRay\renderer

This all assumes that you have installed to the default location, if you have not installed to the default location then you will need adapt the path to match your install location.

If none of these solutions solve the issue for you then give Technical Support a call at 208-292-3399.
    Brian Beck
    Software Test Engineer
    Chieftalk Admin
    Chief Architect, Inc.

There was another thread on this a while back:

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....y%5CInclude%5C
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    I am having trouble with X1 raytracing in XP. The message I get is
    "Raytrace queued"

The computer does not have full access to the network. If I log on as administrator the Raytrace works fine. I have looked at the povray line in the ini file and the path is correct.

Where to next?
    Gordon Martinsen
    Auckland
    New Zealand
    W7 64 bit X5
    i7 2600k 3.7Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    180Gb SSD
    Nvidia GTX 560 1 Gb

I also run x1 on Vista and cant Raytrace...

UnHappy

Hi
    Would you be kind enough to explain which line in the ini file you replaced after I replaced this line :SourceFile=C:\Users\Patrick\AppData\Local\Temp\po v0.povlast my last four lines are these:CurrentDirectory=C:\Users\Patrick\AppData\Lo cal\Temp
    SceneFile=pov3
    IniOutputFile=
    Library_Path=C:\Program Files\ART Inc\Chief Architect 10.0 Full Version\PovRay\Include\
    I downloaded and copied and replaced the new libraries to my chief 10 folder.
    Do I need to do something else because all this baby can do is puke"Raytace not completed".