Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Park
    I've observed numerous times where people could have used group select with a filter turned on to select a bunch of stuff and then in a few strokes change it...
    I love Select Same. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on exactly what I usually need to select as a group!

I would love Select Same to work on text, dimensions & cad.

If I select text and then activate Select Same, I would to then be able to select all text, all text of a certain height, font, layer and/or other property. I would also like to be able to select all text-like things, including text, dimensions and call-outs, if they are the same height, font, layer and/or other property and group change common properties.

Some kind of painter would be nice, but still means clicking clicking clicking.

The reason I would like this in particular is that I go from a preliminary set at 1/8"=1'-0" to the full set at 1/4"=1'-0" on every single project. I often "hard code" my dimension text and arrow sizes. I often have a set of room names, interior dimensions & sf that I need to copy, put on another layer and change size - to go from my Web set where I need them at 12" high to my printed preliminaries where I need them at 7" high to my final where I need them at 4 1/2" high - all living in the same file.

I very very very frequently wish I could select all cad lines that are on the same layer or have another property in common - and to do it without the added time of stopping to define a layerset with only that visible, or freezing layers, etc....

Select Same is a wonderful tool - but it needs to work on more.

Select Same is also a tough list to look at. I would like to see it be either alphabetical - or better yet - a tree structure with grouped items - or best yet, let us develop our own tree and group things as we like them.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)