Threaded View

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    As a previous GenericCada nd DataCad user I long for their selection and command simplicity - and that was 15 years + back!
    Chief has come an enormous distance since I started with V4 but as it gets closer to the ideal in most areas the remaining shortcomings - mainly with cad tools - become more obvious and more infuriating.

When I can produce a full set of concept drawings including floor plan, elevations and 3d views in under 4 hours but take 8 hours to produce one cross section it just doesnt feel quite right.
    Selecting, moving, copying and deleting bunches of different cad objects is what it it is all about.

When I select a group of 30 or so objects (which would be easier if we had a "filter" tool) and freehand move it to a new location sometimes realise I have included something I didnt want to move. Undo doesnt work as that puts everything back. In GC and DC the "repeat last" command can also be reversed so in the above situation all that would be needed would be to select the object and invoke the "repeat last move distance" and reverse it.

It is the culmative of all the time saving tools which make the big difference. Each tool on its own will not speed the overall process but a combination of them - repeat last, match properties ,filters, etc would push Chief to the head of the class.
    Gordon Martinsen
    Auckland
    New Zealand
    W7 64 bit X5
    i7 2600k 3.7Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    180Gb SSD
    Nvidia GTX 560 1 Gb