Question Alter wall snap default

I am evaluating the trial version of Chief Arch, I am in the UK, and I would like to show insulated cavity on working drawings.

The question: Is there a way to alter the wall snap/junction, from the default?

I have created default external and internal walls. External wall 300mm cavity, “100mm brick/100mm insulated cavity/100mm block – plaster internal”, internal wall “100mm block plaster both sides”.

In default the internal wall when meeting/joining the external wall snaps to the outer (Brick) surface closing the insulated cavity.

Is it possible to have the internal wall, when joining the external wall snap/join the block as default, to leave the cavity open?

Many thanks from a novice

Hi Vince,

I see no one has answered you yet, I have just struggled with the same issue on a basement renovation project - If I remember correctly I made the walls out of double walls and flicked the internal wall around (main layer in). This may create issues with getting things to dimension the way you want to. Sorry, not a very solid reply I know but I'm sure someone out there will correct me with a better way.
    Nick

New Zealand
    X6

i have exactly the same problem , i get the below dpc walls to match up with the above dpc walls and then the internal walls snap right through the internal wall through the cavity and onto the inside edge of the external wall.
    Last edited by agb657; 07-30-2008 at 03:27 AM.

Walls snap main layer to main layer.
    In the wall definition for your exterior wall, you need to nominate the internal block layer as the Main Layer.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward
    Walls snap main layer to main layer.
    In the wall definition for your exterior wall, you need to nominate the internal block layer as the Main Layer.

thank you Glenn thats perfect.