Ceiling Joist Taper

I am constantly having a problem that may have already been addressed here, but I can not find any reference to;

My ceiling joists are poking through my roof! The x-sec does not show them tapering, nor does a framing overview. Am I missing something to make them taper? Or is this just a limitation of the Chief?

Thanks,
    Vern H. Gill
    Vern H. Gill

If you have a framing overview open and do cross section from plan view you get a framing section that shows the joists with square ends as does the framing overview.
    If you close the framing overview the cross section is a plan section with the joist tapered to a point at the plate line not the typical taper to just below the rafter line.
    I don't see any setting to control this and it does make the overview look incorrect. The section would be simple to correct in layout, as you probably have to correct the eaves also.
    I don't think boxed eaves show in a framing section as well as any roof bracing unless you put it there.
    We also need TJI’s, posts, and beams etc. as well as eaves control for truly correct framing views but these aren’t high on my list as only the framer and estimator really needs these plans which they rarely get anyway.
    I’d want faster and better cad in elevations and layout first.
    David Eastman
    Eastman Builders
    10803 Gulfdale
    San Antonio TX 78216
    Ph. 210-842-4037
    Fax 210-485-1364
    David@Eastmanbuilders.com

can't save Tim's gifs

When I try to save Tim's gifs on this forum by right clicking on the gif, I notice that "open Link" and "save target" are greyed out. If I copy and save I just get frame one. I have turned off Norton and pop up blockers but still no luck. I looked under "properties" and found the URL where the file is and still can only download frame 1
    Does anyone have any idea what is preventing downloading the gifs or how I should be doing it?
    Thanks
    James

Re: Ceiling Joist Taper

Originally posted by nightowl_vg
    I am constantly having a problem that may have already been addressed here, but I can not find any reference to;

My ceiling joists are poking through my roof! The x-sec does not show them tapering, nor does a framing overview. Am I missing something to make them taper? Or is this just a limitation of the Chief?

Thanks,
    Vern H. Gill
    i called tech support on this subject and i was told it is just a limitation and to use layer control to get the views i need " why have the framing on while your looking at the skin?"
    OPIE AND ANTHONY ON XM 202 SPREAD THE VIRUS!!!!