Back Clipped Cross Section

I have older back clipped cross sections on my plan and I can select and move those cameras in plan.

However I just drew another back clipped cross section camera in plan and I CANNOT select this camera in plan view to move it or to save it etc.

What am I missing?
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

PS.... the older cameras are green in plan and the newer one is blue... does that mean anything?
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Try a different floor level..
    I have done a view on one floor and could see the camera on another but not select it..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Allen, it did not help to go to a different floor, but if I switched layer sets, I could then select the camera. And no it was not a locked layer because I could select the older cameras .
    thanks for the idea!
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Your welcome
    Glad you got it..
    Open the camera and see what layer it is on..Might have gotten changed.
    That would be another issue..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

How do you use or for what purpose do you use the Back Clipped Cross Section? I have not figured out its utility yet.
    Don B.
    HD Pro 8
    Maybe CA later

It limits the distance of what you will see in the back ground, with the elevation camera you will capture anything in your line of site including say cabinets on the back wall, but with the back clip cross section camera you can limit how far you see so you will not see the cabinets on the back wall.
    i.e. do an elevation of your kitchen island, with selevation camera you will see the cabinets behind which complicates the view, use back clip camera and limit the distance to say 4' and you get only the island and not the cabinets on back wall. sorry for long explanation
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

So it allows you to focus a X-sec on objects and features in the foreground. Thanks Scott.
    Don B.
    HD Pro 8
    Maybe CA later

Think of it as a slice of the plan and the place and the thickness can be adjusted.
    Last edited by louis; 06-20-2008 at 07:45 AM.

I've also sometimes had trouble selecting a camera. I'll try switching layers. Thanks for that tip.

If one of the Chief Dudes happens to catch this thread, I'd appreciate a little more info on how/when we should be able to select camera.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

The depth of the back-clipped section starts where you start drawing in the camera arrow and ends when you release the mouse button (the end of the arrow). Very useful tool for trouble shooting, checking positions of things, etc. I use it a lot. I also use it for creating sections in the CD's.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

The thickness of the slice can also be adjusted by entering an exact number.