Question Exporting from CAD mode to Autocad?

I made a plan of my house in CA, in CAD mode since I wanted to see if I can use it to calculate floor area with JW Cad later. I used Cad Mode because I couldn't figure out how to make some details in normal mode.
    In any case when I export a file now, I get an empty file in JW Cad later, and same in Autocad. I guess the export only exports actual walls and not my CAD objects?

Try changing your background color in autocad. Chief lines that are black, stay black - they don't change to white like in autocad. I'll bet your stuff is there and that you just can't see it.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Are you using the right export?

There are several exports, but you need to make sure you are using "File>Export>Current View (DWG, DXF).
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Thanks, I got it to work. I had to adjust the layers, apprently I had saved my objects on an odd layer.
    However the rulers that got saved along with the plan has measuring numbers stuck on them in empiric measures, although I set it to export in metric.