Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Joining The Atlanta User Group

HI FOLKS

I am a user of chief since the early 1990's ( chief 8,9,10, and soon to have X1). I haven't posted anything because of a much busy schedule. i would like very much to become part of this user group over the internet and in person if possible.

I design in CA exclusively. projects have been residential to lite commercial; room additions to 6500 s.f. residents and small hotels and strip malls. there is a great deal to learn and its good to have people to talk with.

i am in ellenwood, ga 15 miles south of atlanta.

hello again

Good to hear from others

I just moved to Atlanta, and am glad to have other CA users to talk to.
    I have previously suggested a Users Group meeting to share ideas and problems.
    I was part of a group in Austin that was always useful.
    Most of my work is still in Austin, but I'll eventually do more work here in Atlanta.
    W. Cameron Tucker, AIA, LEED AP
    W. Cameron & Co. LLC
    931 Monroe Drive
    Suite A-102-357
    Atlanta, GA 30308
    404-610-4058

Calvin,
    I'm glad to hear from you and will let you know as soon as we have a few people who want to meet.
    I'll arrange it as soon as I get a few positive responses.
    W. Cameron & Co. LLC
    931 Monroe Drive
    Suite A-102-357
    Atlanta, GA 30308
    404-610-4058

Smile

Cameron,
    I'm interested in joining. I am located in NC but travel to Atlanta at least once a week or every other week. Have just started with Chief Arc and is doing more kitchen and bath designs.
    Mareth

I have used version 8 and upgraded about 6 months ago to version 10. I live SW of Atlanta in the Newnan/Sharpsburg area. I work mostly on house plans for individuals and small builders. I draw plans as a 2nd job on the side.

HELLO AGAIN;

i am still interested in an atlanta user group. recently i up graded to X1 and has been getting aquantied, so to speak.

so far, its quite useful. i was able to resolve a most unusual roof design for a remodeling project with a few strokes after reopening the C10 file in x1.

is a handful on some matters but once you locate the old C10 features it comes together quickly.

calvin

ready to meet

Calvin,
    If you want to set a time and place for our first meeting, I'll do what I can.
    I live Midtown, but it seems that the interested Chief users are all over. I'm not sure what a logical place to meet is?
    ....sometime middle of June?
    W. Cameron & Co. LLC
    931 Monroe Drive
    Suite A-102-357
    Atlanta, GA 30308
    404-610-4058

I am in Norcross and will join... Mid June no problem here. I only began with Chief 10 so a relative newbie here..
    Rashid Garuba
    http://www.aaihomeplans.com

Datacad 11

Hi, I am a custom concrete home builder in Athens, GA...have been using CA since ver.9, just upgraded to X1. Don't get to Atlanta often but it is nice to be connected by the internet.

Deborah Purcell
    President
    Complete Resources Building & Repair, Inc.
    www.completeresources.net

VNS is offline Registered User Promoted
    Hello everyone, another Athenian here. I'm a residential designer living in Athens, and would be interested in coming over to Atlanta for a user's meeting. June works for me, if that's still being considered.

I switched from Minicad (now Vectorworks) to Chief back at version 5, and have continued with CA since. I'm currently making the transition from 10 to X1.

Van Strickland

I am really envious that a few people have responded. I have been trying to get a group together in Dallas for 6 years or so, and NO ONE is even slightly interested.

Norm Driscoll, Designet
    Norm Driscoll (972) 740 0272

A&LB is offline Registered User Promoted

User Group

Hi,
    I'm new to CA (about a month). What exactly is a user group and have you met already? I also live in Newnan area.
    Thanks!
    Laura

Laura,

Essentially a group of Chief users meeting to discuss all things Chief and support one another. To date I don't think there has been a meeting. Chief-Talk I think is so useful it reduces the value of a group just a little.
    Rashid Garuba
    http://www.aaihomeplans.com

Datacad 11

Let's have a User group meeting

I thought I'd set a time and place and get folks to respond as to whether or not they could attend.

Proposed dates: August 21st. August 23rd
    Time: 7 pm
    Place: Starbucks - 14th Street in Midtown - 2 blocks off 75/85, 14th St. exit.

Let me know if anyone is interested in attending. Respond as to whether or not this central location is appropriate or not.

Call me on my cell to respond 404-610-4958 - Cameron Tucker (wctucker)
    W. Cameron & Co. LLC
    931 Monroe Drive
    Suite A-102-357
    Atlanta, GA 30308
    404-610-4058

I might be able to make the 21st. I live in Newnan so the further south the better. Maybe somewhere closer to the airport if that would be more central to anyone who could come. I can try and find a location for us to meet. Possibly the Irsh Bred pub which has just opened up on Virgina Avenue. But i would be interested in meeting.