Thread: pool water

Hybrid View

morg is offline Registered User Promoted

pool water

Hi all!

I imported a pool from Chief97 to CA6, and am having a problem getting an applied water texture, or even a simple color, to show in 3D views???

Everything I've tried has failed...any ideas??

jeff morgan

Hi Jeff, Even though I have the pools, I had not tried to put water on until now. What I did: 1. Create a material called water, pattern=texture with colour blue, and for a texture file I think clouds came up the best but you might prefer an other texture file. After I copied the pool, in plan view and Cad mode, I drew a cad poly line (with arcs if the pool needs them) to outline the water roughly than adjusted them. Selected the polyline and opend the dbx and special and counter top height 0 thickness 100 (adjust this to your own liking) and gave it the material water. Build floors and ceilings. And Bob is your uncle. I send you clouds by E-mail in case you do not have a texture that suits at the moment.
    Go for it and Marry Christmas, Jan

------------------

morg is offline Registered User Promoted
    Jan..

Thanx for the Xmas present...it worked! With a little tweaking, it will look real good!!

Still don't understand why the pool I imported from Chief97 won't allow me to add a color, or a texture, to the trim color!! It allowed me to add a real nice rock texture to the <MAIN COLOR>...the sides of the pool...just nothing to the 'water' area of the pool...

It's a real nice pool, and I don't know why ART didn't add it to CA60??? If you need it, it's in the <OUTFIX lib><pools and spas> file of Chief97...

thanx again, and Happy Hollidays to you!!!

jeff morgan