Energy Calulation Sheets

Anyone here successfully imported the CF-1R and MF-1R calc sheets into either a DWG or DXF? Or even into CA? I use these ALL the time and I hate having to sticky-back them onto a blank vellum. Would like to be able to plot them with everything else....

Thanks in advance.

Vern H. Gill
    Vern H. Gill

Yes,
    I just converted the pdf version to a text version. From there I opened in Excel and saved as Excel File. Opened AutoCAD and used a utility which converts excel tables to AutoCad lines and text and saved as dxf. From there to Chief.

Max Humphreys

Energy Calc Sheets

Any chance you could send me the DXFs?
    Vern H. Gill

Vern,
    I went ahead and converted both files as described above to individual dxf files. They include full table lines and all text which will default to your standard text format you have selected for Chief. You can edit, add, subtract, whatever you desire, etc., etc.

The only trouble is, you have selected not to allow e-mails from this forum. Oh well.

Max Humphreys

Calc Sheets

Sorry 'bout that. vgill@technologist.com.

I appreciate this. Really...
    Vern H. Gill

On it's way...

Max

Vern,
    If you've got an Excel file, you can copy and paste into CA. Copy the cells you want to the clipboard (ctrl + c), go back to CA and select the text tool. When the text box opens, paste (ctrl + v). It should be separated into their columns. It may not look quite right, but just keep going. If you want the grid lines, click the "Attributes" tab and check the "Box/Grid" check box. When you close the text box the table is there. Click on it and you will be able to adjust the columns.

Jim

PFist,
    With the extreme amount of text in these files as well as many header and footer titles which I would want to set as a different font size and, possibly, style for a more finished look as well as the ability to enter new text for each use in the blank spaces of these forms it is best to bring the text in as seperate blocks. With pasting the entire document in one text box this is not practical.

Max Humphreys

Max,

It was just a thought. I was unaware of the complexity of the doc's.

Jim