Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen42acj
    I saved them in a plan from 10 and then opened it in X1 and the plants come out the same as in 10..
    Middle one was the X1 tree..
    I'll give that a try
    Robert B.

9.0 to 9.5 to 10 to X1

Quote Originally Posted by Allen42acj
    I saved them in a plan from 10 and then opened it in X1 and the plants come out the same as in 10..
    Middle one was the X1 tree..

That worked!

I'm confused also.
    I was sure yesterday I tried that. :-\

Thanks guys for all your help!

Robert
    Robert B.

9.0 to 9.5 to 10 to X1

Does somebody want to confirm one more thing?

Take the Fir(h180).png from 10 and copy it to where it belongs in X1 and see if all looks okay.

I did it, and now all is okay.

c:\Program Files\ART Inc\Chief Architect 10.0 Full Version\Images\Plants\Trees\Evergreen\Fir(h180).pn g

c:\Program Files\Chief Architect Inc\Chief Architect X1\Images\Plants\Trees\Evergreen\Fir(h180).png

Edit:
    Attached Fir(h180).png from v10
    That way if anyone doesn't have v10 and wants the proportionally correct Douglas Fir Tree they can just replace the one in X1.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Berdinkerdickle; 03-26-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    Robert B.

9.0 to 9.5 to 10 to X1

Hi Robert and All,

I appologize that this has been a confusing situation for you.

There was an issue that occured between the releases of V10 and X1 that caused plant images that originally had different height and width dimensions to be changed in the library to have matching height and width dimension.

As you have found, the result was a loss of the original aspect ratio, which causes these squished looking plants.

We tried to find all of the instances of this problem, but obviously missed one here.

The solution your recieved, to reload the image, is the best one we have until updated content can be provided. Remember when you go through this process, to choose OK after loading the different image. This is the step that resets the recognition of the aspect ratio so that you can reload the original image successfully again. It is also a good idea to add your fixed plant to your "-My Plants" library in the library browser, so you don't have to worry about running into the issue again.

Appologies to all for the inconvenience.

Best,

Adrean Stephenson
    Adrean Stephenson
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    Sr. Content Developer
    Product Marketing Manager

Work around has been working just fine.

However; even with the newest release, X1.5.4, the proportional issue still is present, we still have to use the work around.

No big deal, just thought I would let you guys know.

Thanks
    Robert B.

9.0 to 9.5 to 10 to X1