Threaded View

I used to use key board input to draw walls in Data Cad with polar co-odinates and it is faster if you are coping a plan or doing a polyline ( much faster for polylines) and Chief has this for lines such as plot plans. Data Cad is very slick with the use of the key board but I don't miss it for walls any more as I just use each new wall to dimension a previous one by dragging clicking and typing.
    I move my walls so much during a preliminary design that the initial layout isn't that important to me.
    I don't draw the whole house first and auto dimension, then move everything, I keep it straight as I go, to even measures so each move doesn't affect a whole string.
    I agree with you but I want other things first like barrel ceilings which I am having to fake on a plan now.
    Truthfully I like the way Chief works with walls and wouldn't change it, I would only add more hot keys to do what I am doing with the mouse now.
    I wish we could key our way through all the DB's with out using the mouse as much.
    David Eastman
    Eastman Builders
    10803 Gulfdale
    San Antonio TX 78216
    Ph. 210-842-4037
    Fax 210-485-1364
    David@Eastmanbuilders.com