• This bothers me a lot - but I still have hair

7 17.50%
  • This only bothers me a little

12 30.00%
  • Yes please - Angle Snaps should govern absolutely

15 37.50%
  • No - I would not like Angle Snaps to govern absolutely

4 10.00%
  • I have a better solution (please post)

2 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Threaded View

Crooked dimensions, crooked walls...

Do you find it harder to create walls, dimensions and other things that are at angles of 0 and 90 (horizontal and vertical)?

If so - how much is this bothering you?

And - if when Angle Snaps were on, they completely governed, would you like that?

In other words, with Angle Snaps on, newly created things, like walls, dimensions, cad lines, etc, could only follow the Allowed Angles, regardless of what Object Snaps were doing. To have them follow any other angle, you would need to either hold the Control key or turn Angle Snaps off.

In this idea, when using End to End dimensions, there would have to be some programming in the dimensions that even if the Ends selected were not in line with each other, that the dimension string would go to the nearest Allowed Angle - almost like it's running it's own little "Make Parallel" under the hood.

An aside: I believe one of the things that changed from Chief 10 to X1 is that dimensions are now allowed to go on angles. This was in response to people being frustrated dimensioning things like site plans, where many dimensions are on angles. Personally, I think solving one problem affecting one sheet has created problems for people on almost all sheets. And - dimensioning a site plan is still a two step process. It still doesn't go from the property line to the setback in one step!

If you have other thoughts - please feel free to post and elaborate. If you're very frustrated, yes that's relevant - just with some level of professionalism. And - let's try to keep it on topic - about straightness. If you have tangent thoughts - add a brief comment and link it to a new thread.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)