Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCanada.com
    Or you could draw a profile in elevation.
    Yes, you could do that too. But I found that a poline solid does not give you edit handles for all dimensions. You have to open the dbx and specify the depth. I prefer to import the symbol because it gives me edit handles for all dimensions, and this helps to stretch/shrink a log if needed.

I prefer to use TurboCAD for this as well because of the advanced boolean 3D operations. I can create some of the end details shown here. I am a lot more efficient with TurboCAD's 3D CAD tools, which are far more developed than Chief's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LogDetail.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	29479  
    Rod Kervin
    Kervin Home Design
    Courtenay BC
    p. 250-871-0316

If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a thousand pictures, then uploading the chief file is worth a thousand videos.

Quote Originally Posted by sherpa_jones View Post
    I centered the symbol on the walls I drew and stretched it the entire length, butting into the door from both sides. I used the multiple copy tool to build them up.
    I am in the process of creating some working drawings for a log home. I have tried to use a wall with a log siding texture, and I have "pasted on" the log ends at the corners. I am not fully satisfied with the process. I liked using pssolids as the log ends because they can be hatched in plan view and can be made into architectural blocks for moving from one end to the other.

However, it gets very tricky/cheezy when you move to elevations and renderings. The wall with the log siding texture has to match your ends (as previously discussed in this thread) but you also have to line up the log ends with your siding hatching in CAD detail view. I realize that you can adjust the lines to match the log width, but I still leaves work in elevation views.

I am interested in your method of importing a log symbol and then stacking them and adjusting to the sides of windows and doors. However, what do you to at the sill and headers when you have a partial round covering up your trim and/or part of the opening? Is there a way to make this a bit more clean?

Thanks,

Dan