attic vs. floor / rafters vs. trusses

I am building a 2 story building with a 10/12 pitch roof. The roof has two fake dormers and a window in the gable end for looks only. The problem I am experiencing is that the area above the second floor is appearing as an "attic". When I try to create trusses I get rafters (so that the attic is a usable space). In reality there is no attic it just has that appearance and I need trusses instead of rafters to appear on the plan. I should point out that I did use the "hole in roof" method of building the fake dormers. Perhaps this caused the area to be defined as an attic.

Thanks again for any help and advice.

Bob

Bob,
    You need to click on gabiel wall and make sure the NO Room Definition box is unchecked and then you can name the room differently. You have to use the truss tool in the framing tool box. If you are checking the Truss box in the Build Roof dbx and then building roof you'll still get rafters. Use the truss tool and drag it from eve to eve and create a truss, then set that on one of your gabiels, highlight it and use the muliple copy button and drag the truss across your building. You should get truss style roof, might have to work on dormers after done. shane

Bob
    You need to make one of the wall in your atttic to "no room definition" so it will not recognise it as a room before you make the trusses.

Frank.

Great tips...... thanks for all the help!

Bob