Hi Dean
    Yeah, knew this, but was hoping someone knew of a work around.
    I do alot of edit work on the layout pages, and sometimes find something I forgot to do (like move a window) then I'll have to resend the view and lose my edit work. Ah well, I'll learn one of these days, to have all my ducks in a row before doing layouts.

Thanks
    Dave

Updating Layout Pages

Alright folks, a question came to mind as I worked on some plans this weekend. Is there anyway to update plan changes to layout pages that show 3d views without resending the view to layout. For instance; When I move a window in plan view, can I somehow update the corresponding 3d view in layout.
    I know we can have plan views updated directly to layout, but 3d views....I dunno

Dave Gaither

I have found the contrary as far as layout pages go. I get my title bl;ock, plan and elevations, sections, site plan etc on to my layout sheet as early as possible including 3D views, knowing that all except the 3D views update easily. Then I print out a set for reference, notes etc. and I find this works very well. I find this more clearly defines my project, and increases my productivity. I am always trying diferent things to that end and that is one that works for me. Would be great to had 3D's update the same way as elevations.
    Mike Hall - San Diego

This one is a difficult one, unless you are using an overview, because CA does not save the 3D camera location. When I create a 3D view, before closing the 3D view, I go to the plan and place a CAD line showing the location and direction of the camera. If I have any unusual camera settings I will add a note beside the line to indicate same.

I then dxfout and back in to a CAD detail window making sure the 3D view is on a layer of its own. Then add your editing on different layers.
    If you make plan changes you can now capture the same 3D camera and dxf it to the 3D Cad detail. Lock all your edit layers first, erase the old 3d view and move the new view into position. A bit cumbersome but it works for me.

Mac

[This message has been edited by Mac MacDonald (edited 26 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Mac MacDonald (edited 26 August 1999).]

Great suggestion Mac. I will certainly try that one, as I have had the same problem as stated above but usually occurs agter the initial design has gone to the client, then comes back with numorous changes. You want to try and have the 3D views look well for presentation, so I do usually spend a fair amount of time editing them up front.

thanks again.

Craig

------------------
    Craig Meyer , A.I.B.D.
    http://www.cyberstreet.com/clmeyer/index.html