Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 05uurx
    I tried deleting the camera and re-creating it, but its more of the same.

anybody have any ideas? i cant get rid of the ceiling line.
    (underlining mine)

I'm guilty of not reading 100% of your post - didn't see this part.

Before you worry about those lines - try sending it to layout to see if the lines come through. I've had them come and go in the vector view, as you describe, but be harmless for producing condocs.

Do send this to tech support. It sounds like video card to me, but I'm not sure. You've updated to the latest video card drivers?

Also - David's suggestion is a good one - post the plan and some of us will see how it behaves on different machines.
    Last edited by WendyWelton; 03-05-2008 at 05:06 AM.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

One thing to try that MIGHT help.
    Turn off ceiling planes in that view..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Try to figure out what it is that's showing (ceiling planes in this case) & turn them off if you can. Also use "merge lines" when sending to layout.
    There's always been some 'edit layout' work in elevations, the more complex the plan, the more work in layout needed. But this is something new to vX1.4. I bet disappearing cabinets in wall elevations is related to this. Ever since they tweaked the vector cameras- open GL.......
    Jim
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by ebdesign
    Try to figure out what it is that's showing (ceiling planes in this case) & turn them off if you can. Also use "merge lines" when sending to layout.
    There's always been some 'edit layout' work in elevations, the more complex the plan, the more work in layout needed. But this is something new to vX1.4. I bet disappearing cabinets in wall elevations is related to this. Ever since they tweaked the vector cameras- open GL.......
    Jim
    I agree - new to X1.4. I haven't had the disappearing cabinets, but I am getting the elevation crud and don't like it!

"Merge lines" hasn't done much for me. Turning off the ceilings for elevations views is a good idea - thanks both Allen and Jim. Still - it's the dreaded "W" - I'm hoping they squash this one soon.

btw - I had one totally FUBAR elevation that also had a busted layout box. It crashed Chief every time I edited the layout box. They said that problem is related to arrows in the layout, but I couldn't help but notice the only layout box affected was the one with walls and ceilings showing through the roofs.

Everybody - please make as many careful observations as you can about your work leading up to these problems and send them in. I think this is affecting more than just those venting here - more info might help them solve it.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)