Hybrid View

I link to both plans files and image files in other folders all the time and have not had problems in X1.4. I use a Chief layout file to do my brochures and other marketing materials and don't want to clog up my data drive with multiple copies of large image files.

For image files it always gives me a message saying it can't find it, I hit "cancel" and it always displays the image anyway. It did this in Chief 10 also.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WendyWelton
    I link to both plans files and image files in other folders all the time and have not had problems in X1.4. I use a Chief layout file to do my brochures and other marketing materials and don't want to clog up my data drive with multiple copies of large image files.

For image files it always gives me a message saying it can't find it, I hit "cancel" and it always displays the image anyway. It did this in Chief 10 also.
    I guess this way of file management will work for some. I don't really think it's the best. I like to do things in a very safe way with no errors if possible. I guess you know why you're getting that error Wendy. If you have several people looking at the plan and layout from different areas and computers (not networked), then you will probably have linking problems with the layout by not keeping everything in one main folder. Just a comment.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)