Export 3ds/dxf -problems

I love the quality of POV-Ray but Artlantis is soooooo much faster for rendering. So, I have been trying to figure out the best way to take the great work of Chief and combine it with the great speed of Artlatnis. My primary goal is to end up with the nicest rendering possible.

For some reason when I export out of Chief I can't end up with smooth surfaces in areas that are round like sinks. The picture here should show you what I mean. What can I do to fix this? Thanks!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	art-pov1.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	22011  

you need to add smoothing angle in artlantis sorry i have only tried demo in past so dont rember how but someone will no her or check artlantis forum or its help look for smoothing
    Mark Brehaut , Manager
    3D Virtual House Architectural Visualization
    Chief X5
    cinema 4d 14
    Vray for cimema 4d

Click on the surface, go to shader> advance, then adjust the smoothness of the textures. I notice that textures Or it could be the object that was imported from 3ds, does not respond to this action.

Not sure which version you using (new version 2 demo available now). If your using the older version R or Studio 1.26 you can select the object, go to the shader list, find the material and right click on it, then you have the option to "merge vertices". This usually will smooth the faces together.

Kevin

Sorry Alan, I was typing as you were posting.

Name:	Merge-Vertex-fw.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	22013  

There is another problems i found with the model that was exported from chief, some of the surface is missing !!! I notice this promblem when i was trying to set my vray for su in the other thread ' Battle of the rendering ' and i was busy at that time,.... I take a closer look at the model again today, and i notice the problem...

Your welcome Alan, just checked the new version and it has the same feature.

Kevin

Yeah, that model is just flawed in Chief, doesn't have anything to do with the export. Lots of flawed models in the Library, including plenty in mine that I made.

Name:	Floor Lamp Flawed.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	22017  

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter