Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AMT is offline Registered User Promoted
    Some change has occurred,I think it was turning off the invisible walls AND moving the boxes way away from the wall,and now I could dimension to them. Seems like an awful lot of work to dimensin to a simple CAD box,something I may do,oh I don't know,200 times a day on some plans. And that CAD box was originally a slab that I changed to a pline ,and I haven't converted it back so I may be back. I thank everyone who helped,thanks again. I do think this is a bug, I mean come on ,this is the nuts and bolts of any drawing program. I do not want to have to move things away to dimension to them,its not what a professional CAD program should require. What happens when there are several such items,I have to shut off the invisible walls and move each one,dimension to it and move it back...uugghh. Tony T

I did not move them out on this one, just turned off the invisible wall. Like I said I know it's stupid. This is X-1.

Dimensioning is not one of X-1's strong points.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by louis; 02-26-2008 at 07:32 AM.

AMT is offline Registered User Promoted
    Hey Louis (or Katy) thanks for your help . Yeah,you did say it was stupid,and I will agree,but I do appreciate your reviewing my plan. I was (am?) a v 10 holdout,but with resources like you,I may come around. And now I know "Dimensioning is not one of X-1's strong points." Thanks again . Tony T

I'm hoping the next patch addresses dimensioning CAD objects that are in close vicinity to walls. I love Chief but this dimensioning behavior is making it more and more difficult.
    Jeff Murray
    X5, X6
    SU2013 Pro
    Windows 7 64 home