Adjust Material Definition

I changed on one wall the material definition which then changed all my walls on the first floor whether they were stucco or rock on a different wall completely. Now I have different walls on the first floor but cant get them to just change back into their original definition. If I change the definition in any perspective view it changes all the wall no matter the type of wall it is. What do I need to do to just clear all that junk out?
    Richard Laughlin
    Laughlin Homes and Restoration Inc.
    616 West Main St.
    Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
    builder@fbg.net

How did you change the material? Don't use the spray can, big trouble. If you opened the wall dbx in plan & changed the material via the tab, it will change it for that wall but no others. If you open the dbx in plan >wall types tab > define button> change the outer layer material, it should change the finish on all of the same wall types except for the ones you have changed the second way I have noted.

Richard

Spray Can

I am afraid I did use the paint can. I have gone into the wall material through the plan view and it is still the other siding when I go back to a 3D. I cant believe there is NO way to delete that! I might just have to go all the way back in my saves before I did that. Any other suggestions to get rid of what you do with the paint can?????
    Richard Laughlin
    Laughlin Homes and Restoration Inc.
    616 West Main St.
    Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
    builder@fbg.net

Smile

For a fix no, I learned that lesson the hard way years ago (working with a trial version). I just get the same feeling looking @ the spray tool button in perspective views as I do looking @ toaster when I'm in the bathtub.

Richard

Richard:

select the offended walls and change the material back to the default material.

Then create a wall definition with the desired material and set the chosen walls to the new wall definition.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

see this thread for more info:

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....=wall+covering

Lew
    Lew Buttery