Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Layout Trobles

Allen,

Don't distract her, she wants to keep being the buggette queen.

Louis
    I just can not help myself...
    Incorrigible is the word for today...

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Quote Originally Posted by WendyWelton
    I'm on the latest update and I'm getting this problem in brand new sections in plans started in this update.

Dan - Yes, you'll be getting some examples on reports as soon as I have time to breathe.
    I finally got the front to look ok, now I'm having missing lines on my elevations.
    I've narrowed it down, its every 3rd cross section i do. That's why it was happing to my rear one all the time, cause i usually do, front, right, rear, left. very odd. I did it out of order and the rear was fine, but then my right was messed up. becoming a huge PITA. Tech support has the file but i haven't gotten anything back yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	21995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layout.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	21996  

i have had this problem a few times in V10. i have often wondered if it has something to do with the computer hardware. is that possible? seems like sometimes the pc just quits doing it's work before it is actually through with what it is supposed to do?

wait a minute. this is starting to sound alot like me
    Les Unruh
    Columbus, MS
    lesudesign@gmail.com
    9.5-X4

Quote Originally Posted by luckyudesign
    i have had this problem a few times in V10. i have often wondered if it has something to do with the computer hardware. is that possible? seems like sometimes the pc just quits doing it's work before it is actually through with what it is supposed to do?

wait a minute. this is starting to sound alot like me

Well i heard back from the Chief people and they said its something in the software when the windows are in line with the hatch. Here is what they said

"April,

It appears that in some cases such as yours when the line that represents the top/bottom of the window matches exactly with the pattern line that represents the siding we lose some information inbetween the windows. I have passed this information onto our engineering team for them to review and hopefully fix in the future.

For now there a quite a few ways to resolve this. One is to just move the windows by 1/16 of an inch. You could also adjust the siding pattern spacing by 1/16. Another option is to leave everything has it is and just use Edit Layout while in layout to select extend the lines that were cut off by the window.

Thanks"

So that seems like an easy enough fix for the time being i guess, if anyone else has that problem there is the answer.

i usually end up using the edit layout tool quite abit. i don't know why but it took me a while to realize it was even there but when i found it it made a big difference in my plans!
    Les Unruh
    Columbus, MS
    lesudesign@gmail.com
    9.5-X4