Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lew,

Thanks, but I'm not sure that I'm comfortable creating yet another room just for the hatch.

Kelly

Joey, Well it seems I didn't do a very good job of explaining where and why one would use this procedure. My appologies. I think I
    should have called it "Showing existing floor material patterns in plan view". This procedure is for those who have already
    applied floor materials with their associated patterns. Interior designers are quite meticulous about this.They may have even
    adjusted the origin of some patterns to make them work out properly. I am showing a way to have the floor/countertop/deck
    patterns show in floorplan exactly as they are in 3D vector/render cameras. It's a good idea not to have a duplication of
    information as would be the case if one had floor materials applied then used a p-line fill on the floorplan that was
    different than the 3D views. Also I think this avoids doing the same job twice ...applying floor materials then redrawing it
    in floorplan. Another point that might be made is that with a p-line fill you do not have the flexibility of the material
    pattern dbx. Also for those using advanced deck framing, why would you want to redraw it when its already done? Although this
    procedure looks like a bit of work it really only takes a few minutes. Of course if you are not showing any 3D
    perspective/renders and are not worried about the exact correlation between 2d/3d view patterns (and I think most of us are
    not) then this post will probably not interest you. On the other hand,if you look at the procedure you may find other uses for
    it, for example with a little variation we can show a reflected ceiling plan that exactly correlates to 3d views without
    drawing any CAD.

Allen42, what is KAT?

Alan Brown, that is correct it is the countertop material pattern.

Lew, good tip.
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick
    Former Oilers and Flames fan

Rob, "kick ass trainer"
    Dan Kerns
    Using X5.

Hi Rob
    What Dan said.
    Seeing it was you posting the tip,I figured it was something important..
    Not sure how much I would use this tip..
    Just for a pdf it might be worth having an extra page for it..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

KAT, I think thats a Louis term. Maybe it should be DAT.
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick
    Former Oilers and Flames fan