Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by louis
    I could swear I tried that. I will try it now.

DOES NOT WORK!
    Has so far for me. Good to know that it doesn't work all the time though.
    Chief Architect Premier X5

If anybody has a plan that can demonstrate this behavior please send it in to support.
    Brian,

I have been through that. I tried to up-load it three times to the support forum, got error messages every time. So I quit.

I have been through that. I tried to up-load it three times to the support forum, got error messages every time. So I quit.
    Ditto. Then, when I finally got the plan uploaded they could not find the circle which has since disappeared, then reappeared, and is currently not appearing in the plan I sent.

Apparently, it only appears when you are printing plans or doing client presentations.
    Intel i7 920 O.C. 3.35ghz
    EVGA X58 3X SLI
    MSI Geforce 260GTX 896 O.C.
    6 GB RAM; WD 300GB Velociraptor
    Vista Business 64 bit SP2
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beck
    If anybody has a plan that can demonstrate this behavior please send it in to support.

Thanks
    Brian,
    The issue is not repeatable. It happened to me on Wed, but when I saved the plan and reopened it, the red circle was gone. I had received an error alert about a wall roof alignment issue, but I never paid any attention to the plan view (working in 3D view) because I knew the roof plane was wrong and I intended to delete the roof plane, anyway. Next time an error alert occurs I'll look more carefully.

This tread has some screen captures. http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?t=34106
    I still think it could be a memory issue after an 'error alert' callout or 'Plan Check' item call up.
    Don

CA Premium X6 (16.1.1.9x64) SSA
    Intel i7-4770 (8M Cache) @ 3.4GHz; Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit; 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz);
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670;
    Dual HD Monitors (24" and 22");
    Primary Hard Drive: 256GB SSD.

Red circles? Who's talking about red circles? All of mine are black.

Red circles? Who's talking about red circles? All of mine are black.
    Louis,
    Mine was red. The plan I was working on does have several layer color modifications, so maybe that is an additional piece of evidence???
    Don

CA Premium X6 (16.1.1.9x64) SSA
    Intel i7-4770 (8M Cache) @ 3.4GHz; Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit; 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz);
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670;
    Dual HD Monitors (24" and 22");
    Primary Hard Drive: 256GB SSD.

I am having this same issue now - last week, I thought I had it fixed with the error message, but this morning, the circle re-appears, and no matter how many times I open/close the plan and/or Chief, it still appears. I will try to upload to support. Crossing my fingers.
    Tim Schrock
    Design Build Solutions, LLC.

I enjoy working in Chief Architect. Made the switch to X5 and am enjoying the upgrades. Home-brewed computer...things are running swell!

Hey - got it to upload, we shall see what tech support finds out.
    Tim Schrock
    Design Build Solutions, LLC.

I enjoy working in Chief Architect. Made the switch to X5 and am enjoying the upgrades. Home-brewed computer...things are running swell!

I sent a trouble ticket off on this a while ago ... only answer was open and close the plan. Now this often worked, but not always within the same session.
    I did sent them the file; they were able to reproduce it, but not every time.

I had a similar problem with dimensions that would appear and couldn't be edited. The only way to cure that was to open/close the file ... and restart the program. I've even had to reboot the computer to clear the problem. (Sometimes just going to bed for the night would do it.)

And what really surprised me is that these phantom items would get transported to the layout pages ... so if I wasn't careful I'd get the circles and the mystery dimensions in the final prints!
    John Britton AIA/CEA,CEPE

Its those crop circle things they've migrated into computers!!

They havn't found the answer to them either!!!

Sorry guys couldn't resist that! Warped sense of humour!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	german97.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	24402  
    Regards Rick
    Building Design & Construction Ltd
    Auckland-New Zealand
    09 5357798

Chief X4-Vista Business

Core i7 920 2.67GHz o/c to 3.6GHz
    Asus P6T DDR3 1333MHz
    Patriot Viper 6gig DDR3-2000
    2 x GTX275 896mb PCI-e

After that initial experience I have not had it happen again so re-creating it could be tough.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

The red circles are a result of the system that circles an area of the plan to indicate a problem. In earlier builds if you turned off the error message the circles still were created. I thought we put a fix in one of the updates that's supposed to fix this problem.

If you had turned off an error message and there was still a problem in the plan then restarting Chief would only make it go away until the problem resurfaced again.

To check this go to preferences and at the bottom on Reset Options click the Reset Message Boxes button. You will now have all the messages back. You should then get a message at the same time the circle is created. If you are still having the problem in 11.5.4 send the plan to us so we can look at it.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

If you reset and don't get the message ofter or ever,your getting better at Chief..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Cool

ca Is Like A Ford Car....1) If You Spell It Backwards It Means ..driver Returns On Foot.. Or..fried On Refried Drugs.. Or. Fine Old Rebuilt Dodge...or And Many More Can Be Be Used To Fix Or Repair Daily The Ca Way ..in Updates...just Love It. and here is a house that looks like a ford of the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOUSE FOR JIM...START EM UP.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	24426  
    Last edited by arlan tingley; 06-17-2008 at 09:38 AM.