exporting from chief 9.5 to X1

Hi Guys,
    I have just recently upgraded from 9.5 to X1 and am having a few issues. Firstly I have exported a plan from 9.5 to X1 so I can PDF to someone, then I forgot where it originated from and worked and saved it in X1. Now the layout I have is not the right size on the page, it is alot smaller. Also when I get into the elevations they are not all there. Have I totally stuffed this job and need to redraw?
    Thanks for any help, Keep it simple, I am a basic user!!
    Lyn

Lyn,

Hit your archives. There should be lots of backups there, just waiting for you to resurrect them.

But first - check your layers. Did you open the layout first, then the plan file? That might be the source of your problems. X1 handles layers relative to layouts completely different than prior versions. If you start with the layout, you can end up screwing up your layersets. The good news is that this might just mean your model is fine and you just have to spend some time adjusting your layersets.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Thanks Wendy, I will do a bit of digging around

In you preferences change your legacy page setup preferences so that old plans and layouts translate correctly.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Thanks Doug,
    I tried this but I think this may be something I should have done before I imported, is it possible to send it back to 9.5 and try again with out the risk of loosing what I do have?
    Lyn