Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyWelton
    Thane,

The default window does not have the correct relationship between interior and exterior sills. The rest, yes, we can handle. Have you ever tried to get a truly correct window at the kitchen sink - with the sill the right distance from the backsplash on the inside and the exterior sill aligned with some trim?
    Yes, that is a pain
    Thane Pearson CPBD, AIBD, LEED AP
    Thane Pearson Design
    York, Maine 03909
    207-351-2711
    X3

Thumbs up Anderson windows

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJohnson
    First off, thanks for all the feedback so far.

What we're thinking the advantage would be for a tool like this would be to have the ability to exactly spec out windows and then drop them in. But if as a designer you do not care who the manufacturer is or what the exact RO is, then this would be unnecessary.

I've also played around w/ Marvin's windows some. I guess I don't find them hideous but as a programmer my taste in aesthetics could be considered questionable. I was able to modify the sizes regardless if it originally came from a 40 width or 48 width so RO measurements could be less than reliable. Appears that any symbol can be manipulated, any way to "lock" a symbol down?

Also it sounds like the most useful would be to generate a CA library w/ the available options. If that was not available, would anyone mess around w/ a dwg file? Or would people just use something that's "close enough" in a CA library?

An issue w/ creating CA libraries (besides technical issues) is that product lines change (available hardware, RO sizes, etc). In order to have the most up to date data, you'd have to download new CA libraries. Again, maybe not a concern for most folks...
    I am a builder and a designer and have specifically been asked by customers to include Anderson windows in the plans, specifically 400 series. I would like to have the opportunity to drag & drop a specific type of window and have it truly represent the actual window.