Thread: 1/32 ?

1/32 ?

I think I know the answer, but could someone confirm that I can not use 32nd's in ver 9.54?
    I was trying to do an exact stringer for the framers and couldn't get the riser to 7 21/32, went to the preference DBX and could only find 1/16th's.
    Mike Rockwell
    The House Company
    Barnstable, MA
    Mike@thehouseco.com

Can you just add text numbers?
    Pretty sure X1 can only do 1/16"

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

I've been in the same situation myself. The best you can do is 1/16 measurements. I had to draw the individual rises to the nearest 1/16 over , under, over, under, the real 1/32 measurement I wanted, to get the overall height of the stairs to be right and then text in the real dimensions. It was a little extra work for the design but came out ok in the end.

Chief will only DISPLAY 1/16". Change your number style to decimal inches & use direct entry & you can be as precise as you want (to 8 decimal places anyhow); & Chief will display decimal inches to the 1/1000th inch.
    This applies to a lot of different things; text in layout, for instance. If you change the number style back to inches, chief will only give you 1/16ths, but it hasn't changed the actual length. Change the number style back to decimal inches to confirm. Not ideal, but there it is. Could always go to metric.
    Why you would want to call out 1/32's is a whole 'nother topic.

Jim
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc