Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by marty
    OK OK Ok- - another option I was unaware of - thats exactly what I meant - but much more useful if accesible directly off the toolbar not buried in preferences.
    I use these settings all the time, and would dearly love to have them on toolbar buttons. I change these so often that I would like to be able to hotkey them.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

FWD is offline Registered User Promoted
    JP Ware
    "Take a look at how AutoCad handles text and dims, "

I would agree with that.

Doug,

I must Clarify, I have an extensive library of text (notes) with leader lines that I have created over the years (Legacy Plans), I insert/copy and place where needed.

I have been using Ver 9.5 since it came out (4 years ago)
    60 hours a week and still use it today. That's a lot of time creating Chief working documents. There is no question, the leaders are more user friendly (and faster) in 9.5 the leader lines are always where I want them to be.(positioning - ortho)

I must agree that X1 leaders are faster when creating new text and leaders from scratch for every note , but when using older text and leader blocks/libraries (legacy plans) it is slower and leaders needs tweaking.

Mike Corriveau
    Corriveau Cadd

I haven't been keeping track of this thread very closely, so forgive me if this has been addressed already, I scanned/searched through and didn't see it. Just consider it another "Ditto" if so.

If I create a text block, especially in Layout, I think I shouldn't have to go out of text mode and in to select mode to select and copy it. I should be able to select/copy/explode a text block while still in text mode.

Also, I don't understand the logic of blocking text, only to have it change layers when blocked. It should just stay on the same layer in which it was created.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    Hi Bryce

Your posting has brought this thread back to life for me and reminded me of a text issue which has been bothering me.

When entering new text I have the option of adjusting text size but not arrow size since the arrow specification has been removed from the text box.
    I quite often want to add a single block of text at a different scale but dont want to change the default settings to do so.

To my way of thinking text and arrows are inextricably linked. My rule of thumb is that the arrow size should equal text size. If that could be implemented my problem would disappear .
    Gordon Martinsen
    Auckland
    New Zealand
    W7 64 bit X5
    i7 2600k 3.7Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    180Gb SSD
    Nvidia GTX 560 1 Gb

I would agree with this. Personally, I tend to have my arrows at 1.5x text size. But I agree with them being inextricably linked and it would be nice to have them more automated like this, or to at least have that option.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter