Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by WHirsch

Inserting additional text and dimension layers is something that any user can do. Automatic default text and dimension layers for each layerset is only part of the solution, That is not the answer to scaling problems, which is the greater part of the problem. Dimension and text styles that include all of the current settings plus a layer assignment is the answer. Implementation need be nothing more than a drop down list for selecting from the preset styles, although hotkey customization would be a good alternative. I'd shave 30% of my time off the annotation for a typical plan set if I could select pre-set text styles with pre-set custom properties for layer, text size, justification, color, arrow type, and arrow size. Ideally, the same thing would be available for dimensions. At the very minimum, there should be some way to quickly rescale dimensions. Why, in vers 10 and XI, can I select a dimension object, and open the transform dialogue, but not have access to the resize function? That would be a pretty crude way to manage dimension scaling, but it would be better than what is currently available.
    Take a look at how AutoCad handles text and dims, imo it is one of the programs few redeeming features, text styles and dimension styles.
    JP Ware Design, LEED AP
    York, Maine
    jpwlist2 at maine dot rr dot com
    Chief X3.xxx

"You reap what you sow"
    my Nan

Make a Decision: Tigger or Eeyore.
    Randy Pausch