Threaded View

I just added a couple of call-outs to a plan before discovering this thread and thought, "Hey it'd be cool to be able to customize the cross section line, or at least have a couple of choices in a drop down box of how they might look." I like the little flag at the end of the line like in Wendy's post above. I'd also like to add black or gray to the call-out as suggested.

It's kinda funny about this thread. I've given up a bit on having any kind of text tools in Chief and have muscled through most of my default text and tables and saved it in the library. Trying to think back on what frustrated me most and I think it is the way tabs behave.

When I use a word processor a tab gets your text lined up where spaces won't. In Chief's text using a tab gets you a table or something that I don't even recognize and CANNOT use. So I'm forced to use spaces to line up indents but they are never right and I never remember how many spaces I've used. So I go back a couple of times adding spaces to get the indents lined up and it's a PITA. So - suggestion - have tabs behave like word processor tabs and not turn text into a table (or whatever that thing is that Chief does). This could ease the making of any list, numbered or not.

I can live without being able to bold a word or two in any text run but that feature would make Chief's text editor look like a real text editor.

Here's a feature that no one's mentioned and it might a bit out there but I would LOVE to be able to enter and edit text directly on screen and on layer. Just click a spot and start typing text right into a plan with no dbx needed to enter all your text into. You could have your default text attributes and styles set up and any changes would require a right click and get you to a dbx to change the attribute. Or even select a single word on screen and select a bold button - done.

And of course, I think it was mentioned as the Holy Grail - have each callout number associate itself with the layout page it actually ends up on. Can't remember how many changes I've gotten back for the city saying the there is no A-2 on A-2 because I had to relocate it with a plan change but forgot to renumber everything. I guess if I could have one thing it would be that.
    Last edited by HumbleChief; 02-12-2008 at 09:06 AM.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic